Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Coating:||Available||Coating Type:||TiN + Al2O3+TiN|
|Color:||Yellow And Black||Cutting Egde Length:||19mm|
|Machining Range:||From 8 To 220mm||Other Name:||6 Sided Scarfing Tool|
|Other Name:||OD Scarfing Insert||Other Names:||DET Insert|
cemented carbide cutting tool,
cnc milling machine cutting tools
Tungsten Carbide 6 sided Hexagonal OD Outside Tube and Pipe Scarfing Tools DET Inserts
What about the Scarfing inserts?
Scarfing inserts must be made of extremely hard materials to handle with the operating temperatures and removal of the metals. The inserts should be of the proper grade (hardness) and coating properties to cut the weld bead as cleanly as possible without chattering or chipping and to maintain a smooth pipe surface while extending the life time of the inserts.
The scarfing process need to be processed immediately after welding, so that the material could be removed relatively easily. Therfore, it’s very important for scarfing tools and the corresponding inserts to be reliable and resist chipping and breaking of the cutting surface or the tool itself.
Model List of OD Scarfing Tools DET Insert
|ITEM CODE||φI.C||S||a°||φd||Machining Range
Grade Details of 6 sided OD Scarfing Inserts External Scarfing
|YC333||Yellow||The combination of high strength and high toughness substrate with (MT-TiCN+thick AL2O3 + TiN )coating is the general brand of steel processing|
Advantages of DET OD Tube Scarfing Tools Inserts
A.TiN + Al2O3 coating to suit for different scarfing applications, whether it is a high speed, high heat application or the run of the mill tube scarfing job.
B. Highest quality cutting edge provides extended tool life and superior surface finish
C.Large selection of scarfing tools meet machining request for wide range of tube diameters
Tips on reducing welding chatter
Welding chatter is the result of not being able to scarf the weld bead properly enough to achieve a good, clean tube.
1. The OD scarfing tool should have a slightly larger radius than the OD of the tube.
2. An “ironing pass” can be used after the scarf stand. This stand “irons” out any imperfections the OD scarfing tool misses.
3. The scarfing tool relief should be set at an angle of at least 11 degrees from the work piece to prevent the OD scarfing tool from dragging on the tube.
Other causes of Weld Chatter
1. Dull, chipped, or worn scarfing tool.
2. Not enough weld bead for the scarfing tool to cut.
3. The OD scarfing tool stand is located too far from the weld box causing the weld bead to cool down and not be cut smoothly.
4. Not enough weld power to forge the weld properly.
5. Incorrect OD scarfing tool radius.
1. Can be refund if there is a quality problem
2. Technical support will be offered once you need
3. Accepting customer visiting
Contact Person: Ms. Alice Wan