Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Coating:||Available||Coating Type:||TiN + Al2O3+TiN|
|Color:||Yellow||Cutting Egde Length:||19mm & 22mm|
|Machining Range:||From 15 To 440mm||Other Name:||4 Sided Scarfing Tool|
|Other Name:||OD Scarfing Insert|
cemented carbide cutting tool,
cnc milling machine cutting tools
Tungsten Carbide 63 series 4 sided OD Outside Tube and Pipe Scarfing Tools Inserts SPUB-63
Tube scarfing is the process of removing the excess welding material from longitudinally welded tubes or pipes to get smooth surface. Scarfing can refer to the removal of beads on either the outside diameter or inside diameter of the pipes.
The scarfing process need to be processed immediately after welding, so that the material could be removed relatively easily. Therfore, it’s very important for scarfing tools and the corresponding inserts to be reliable and resist chipping and breaking of the cutting surface or the tool itself.
What about the Scarfing inserts?
Scarfing inserts must be made of extremely hard materials to handle with the operating temperatures and removal of the metals. The inserts should be of the proper grade (hardness) and coating properties to cut the weld bead as cleanly as possible without chattering or chipping and to maintain a smooth pipe surface while extending the life time of the inserts.
Model List of OD Scarfing Tools SPUB-63
|SPUB-63A R9||SPUB-63I R60|
|SPUB-63B R13||SPUB-63J R75|
|SPUB-63C R15||SPUB-63K R85|
|SPUB-63D R20||SPUB-63L R100|
|SPUB-63E R25||SPUB-63M R125|
|SPUB-63F R33||SPUB-63N R135|
|SPUB-63G R45||SPUB-63O R140|
Grade Details of 4 sided OD Scarfing Inserts SPUB-63
|YC333||Yellow||The combination of high strength and high toughness substrate with (MT-TiCN+thick AL2O3 + TiN )coating is the general brand of steel processing|
Advantages of OD Tube Scarfing Tools Inserts
1.TiN + Al2O3 coating
to suit for different scarfing applications, whether it is a high speed, high heat application or the run of the mill tube scarfing job.
2. Highest quality cutting edge
provides extended tool life and superior surface finish
3.Large selection of scarfing tools
meet machining request for wide range of tube diameters
Experience of Using OD tube Scarfing tools:
1.It is the best to scarf the unwanted weld bead from the tube as close to the welding zone as possible. The hotter the weld bead is, the easier it would be for the OD scarfing tool to cut.
2. When placing your scarfing tool closer to the weld zone, the least load is applied to the scarfing tool and scarfing tool holder. This will allow the OD scarfing tool or OD scarfing ring to provide you with a smoother and more desirable finish.
Tips on reducing welding chatter
Welding chatter is the result of not being able to scarf the weld bead properly enough to achieve a good, clean tube.
1. The OD scarfing tool should have a slightly larger radius than the OD of the tube.
2. An “ironing pass” can be used after the scarf stand. This stand “irons” out any imperfections the OD scarfing tool misses.
3. The scarfing tool relief should be set at an angle of at least 11 degrees from the work piece to prevent the OD scarfing tool from dragging on the tube.
Other causes of Weld Chatter
1. Dull, chipped, or worn scarfing tool.
2. Not enough weld bead for the scarfing tool to cut.
3. The OD scarfing tool stand is located too far from the weld box causing the weld bead to cool down and not be cut smoothly.
4. Not enough weld power to forge the weld properly.
5. Incorrect OD scarfing tool radius.
6. The tube is jumping at the scarf point because there is no support plate or support roll under the scarfing tool.
1. Can be refund if there is a quality problem
2. Technical support will be offered once you need
3. Accepting customer visiting
Contact Person: admin